OK, let’s do this!
1. What We Collect and How We Use it
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you create an account on BibRave, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code, city, state, and country location, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and age range. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal here. You can modify some of the information associated with your account by going to “My Settings.” If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by flagging it or visiting this link.
- Public Content: The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. Your account profile (i.e., first name, last initial, city, state, country, date joined, runner type, profile photos and BibRave friends) is also intended for public consumption, as is some of your other activity through the Service, like how you upvote other people’s contributions, and which users you follow. You can limit the public nature of some of these activities by going to “My Settings.”
- Contacts: You can invite others to join or become your friend on BibRave by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which individuals you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we may transmit that information to our servers long enough to process your invitations.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and BibRave. You can manage some of your messaging preferences through your “My Settings”, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from BibRave. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to use of the Service, as well as our efforts to improve the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages, fraudulent solicitations, or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on BibRave, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business. Our calls with you may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment information (such as a credit card number and expiration date), as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties, and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Service, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses. For example, if you sign up for a race through the Service and write a review about your experience, we may publicly display the fact that you registered through the Service.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and purchases you make through the Service. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile site is running, including when running in the background, if you enable your browser to access such information in the course of using the Service. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the "Location Services" settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
- Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or desktop computer) and different platforms (e.g., Chrome or Safari). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other platforms.
Sorry – we don’t make and distribute delicious, home-made cookies to our users. But trust us, we REALLY want to!
Types of sad, not-at-all delicious Cookies used on the Site include:
|Category of Use
|Intended to make the Site work in the way you expect it to. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
|Authentication, Security, and Compliance
|Intended to remember information about how you prefer the site to behave and look.Notifications
|Intended to allow notice of information or options that we think could improve your use of the site. For example, we use a Cookie that allows us to stop showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it. Same with the discount codes on race pages.
|Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
3. Our pals - Third Parties
BibRave tries to make friends whenever we can, so third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Content Partners: We allow third party partners to use and display some of the public content available through the Service, such as your photos, reviews, and other information detailed in Section 1(b) above.
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on or affiliated with BibRave and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements. We may also disclose anonymized information about your use on BibRave, for example if you engage in a post or review on BibRave, we may publicly disclose information about the transaction without providing identifying information about you or otherwise disclosing your participation in the transaction.
- Businesses on BibRave: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of the Service (such as which businesses you bookmark or call) with businesses listed on BibRave. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that businesses may still see your public activity and posts, and may receive information from or about you when you transact or communicate with them, through BibRave or otherwise, regardless of your settings (see Section 1 above).
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to us about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links: The Service may link to third party services, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
- Third Party Accounts: If you sign up for, or log into, BibRave using a third party service like Facebook or Google, or link your BibRave account to your account with a third party service like Facebook or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third party service through the Service, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third party service.
4. You Do You - Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Site pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Site. BibRave users can also use the Find BibRave Friends feature to find one another based on their names or email addresses.
You can adjust the settings for this feature in your settings. Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, we may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Service.
5. Data Retention and Account Termination
- Your Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Right to be forgotten: You may terminate your BibRave account at any time, in which case we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it.
- Right to object: You may opt out of inclusion of your data or personal info in BibRave marketing materials and other communications.
- Right to rectification: You may access and update your BibRave account settings at any time to correct or complete your account information. You may also contact BibRave at any time to access, correct, amend or delete information that we hold about you.
- Right of portability: We will export your account data to a third party at any time upon your request.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the childs account.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Dispute Resolution
Total Applications, LLC
Attn: Privacy Officer
12545 W Burleigh Road, Suite 11
Brookfield, WI 53005
United States of America
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside.